I struggled with this one for a while- the layout I went with eventually is not the one I had originally planned. But, once I got the blocks together, I realized it seemed to disjointed. So I changed it around.
After the Baby Dolphin quilt, I felt like being more adventursome with the quilting patterns. For the space regions, I pretty much did some free-form quilting, trying to get a kind of galaxy feel. The land and sea patterns I found on the web.
The astute observer will notice that this quilt has some fabrics in common with the Baby Dolphin quilt. The backing is flannel, the same pattern as the Dolphin backing, but a darker blue. Edging is strip pieced of several of the quilt's fabrics.
Actual size: approx. 36" X 48".
Here are some detail pictures of the quilt:
Sea square & rectangle
Space square & rectangle
Back and front
and here's a picture of me with Molly at 6 weeks.