Root Beer List
Peter Day's page
lists a whole lot of beers that I've never seen or
are not available in San Francisco. It seems like there's a lot more
root beers in the Midwest. I'm jealous, but admittedly not jealous
enough to want to move there.
Also, a source tells me that the Society of Root Beer Bottles and Cans Collectors lists 188 brands as of July, 1988. So clearly I've got quite a few beers to taste yet. Oh, if I must. . .
If you know where these are available in the San Francisco area, or want to add to the list, please let me know. Thanks to the many folks who have written in with additions.
*available only through their respective restaurants.
- Abita Springs Root Beer, Louisiana
- Boylans (800) 289-7978
- Butterfield's, Fresno, CA
- Custer's Last Root Beer* Available at Custer's Last Root Beer Stand off I-90 in Three Forks, Montana
- Dr. McGillicuddy's
- Fitz's Root Beer, brewed in St. Louis
- Grandpa Graf's
- Gray's Golden Root Beer, brewed in Janesville, WI. An all natural beer.
- Hires Root Beer- I know I had this in my youth, need to track it down to review
- Hopper's, from Salt Lake City, UT
- Howie's, from Provo, UT
- Martha's Exchange*
- Mason's (possibly discontinued?)
- Mill City, microbrewed in Massachusetts
- Millstream Old-Time Root Beer, brewed in Amana, Iowa.
- Mt. Angel, brewed in Mt. Angel, Oregon
- New York Seltzer rootbeer
- Ramblin Root Beer- I know I had this in my youth, need to track it down to review
- Richardson's, from Pennsylvania
- Spanish Peaks, from Montana
- Sprecher's, brewed in Milwaukee area
- Talking Rain Ice
- Weber's Superior*
root beer!|reviews A|reviews B|links
What is this background?
Return to my home page
last updated: 2/10/99