Our Gift Registry Information
The best gift we can receive is your presence: our friends and family with us to help celebrate our wedding day. However, we realize that many people like to give gifts to mark a wedding. So, if you feel that you would like to give a gift as well, here are a few suggestions we would like you to consider:
- Make a donation to a non-profit organization. We would like to share our good fortune and happiness with others. Here are a few of our favorite non-profits:
These are just three of thousands of worthy causes. Your donation of goods or services to one of the above non-profits, or to an organization of your choice, can make a difference, and would make us very happy.
- Project Open Hand, an organization that provides free meals to Bay Area citizens living with HIV and AIDS. You can visit their website or call them at (415) 447-2415 for donations, (415) 447-2404 to volunteer.
- The San Francisco Zoological Society, of which we are members. You can reach their Development Department by phone at (415) 753-7173.
- The San Diego Zoological Society, of which we are also members (despite living 300 miles away!). You can reach their Development Department by phone at (619) 685-3219.
- A gift to invest in our future. Our biggest dream right now is to buy a house; we would love to have a home in which our family can grow and expand, a home that will be filled with laughter, good friends, family, and lots of toys. A monetary gift would help us reach that dream.
- We have also registered in a more traditional way, with the following stores:
- Cole Hardware is a small hardware store with three locations in San Francisco. They don't usually do a gift registry service, but because they're such nice folks, they agreed to do one for us. They have a web site where you can order some items online, but you can't access our registry online. You can call them at 1 888 301-2648, or visit the Mission Street store (3312 Mission at 29th St.). Be sure and ask for Modi Racket or Tina Rotolo, who are keeping track of our registry stuff for us.
- Crate and Barrel finally got their act together and put up a website, which includes on-line gift registry. They also have many locations nationwide. Their phone number is 1 800 967-6696.
- REI has a web site where you can order online, but you can't access our registry through their site. You can call them at 1 800 426-4840 or visit a local store to get our registry list. As of 10/99 though, our generous friends and family had already purchased everything for which we registered.
Return to our main wedding page
last updated: 12/10/99